Problems adding printer in 10.3.9

nreyes

Registered
I have just purchased a Canon IP8500, and installed the latest version of the drivers from the Canon website.

From the Canon Utility, I was able to print the Test Pattern okay with the printer connected to my powerbook via USB - i.e. the printer is recognised.

However, when setting up the printer in System Preferences (so that it can be accessed by the various programs), when I go to ADD PRINTER and select the Canon IP8500 in the relevant window I get the message:

"An error occured while trying to add the selected printers
server-error-internal-error"

The same occurs when trying to add the printer via my airport express connection. I am therefore unable to use the printer from any program because it hasn't been setup in System Preferences yet.

Can you advise how to add the printer in OSX 10.3.9 ? Is the error message due to some conflict with 10.3.9? I don't understand why it is throwing up a "server error".

Thanks

Powerbook G4
OSX 10.3.9

I'm experiencing a similar problem in that I'm also able to successfully install the Canon PIXMA iP8500 via USB; however, my goal is to acess the printer via my Airport Express wireless connection. The problem arises when trying to add the printer, which gets noticed by the system, but I cannot point to the physical driver file and it's not thus able to be installed. HELP!

Back