Problems deleting files

wyeh32

Registered
I'm having problems deleting files in Mac OS X. For some reason it's telling me that it cannot delete the file because it is in use. But there are no other programs running!!

When I drop in as root. I try to delete the file by hand but it says something like "Operation could not be completed" Now if I'm logged in as Root I should be able to do anything. This is very annoying. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to deleta these files.

Thanks in Advance for any help you can provide.

Regards,
Will

Eventhough you're logged in as root check the privilegs of your hard drive and change them if needed.

The first thing i did after installing OS X is enabling the root user in NetInfo, restarting as root and giving all possible privileges to anyone on this planet to my hard drive. This will solve many s#*% with "blablabla no acces", "blablabla no privileges", "blablabla can't rename or move", "blablabla, can' delete", etc, etc, and so on, and so on, enz, enz...

on the other hand : be careful, because you gave everyone including yourself all the privileges to mess you mac up, bad...:)

Back