Problems in OS 9.1...

martinatkinson

Registered
Hello!

I am using a PowerMac 8500 running OS 10.03 and OS 9.1. I need to boot in OS 9 sometimes to do some things that I can't do in os X. When I bought this computer off of ebay I received a CD with Adobe PhotoShop 5.0. I inserted the CD so as to install the software and be able to do more than what I could do in 5.0LE. I waited for the CD icon to appear on the desktop and nothing, then it spit the CD back out at me :confused: . Anybody know how to get this to work? If the CD is bad, is there anywhere I can dowload a copy of the PhotoShop installer (I have the serial number).

Thanks!

Albert

Your CD is broken, no more, no less ...
You can download it probably at lots of places, you just need to look ...

:eek:

"PowerMac 8500 running OS 10.03"

(Sorry this may be little off-tonic)

I thought Apple said Mac OS X won't supports
upgrade G3 cards on PowerPC Macs 61xx - 96xx?!

Am I misunderstanding here? If Mac OS X can supports
upgrade G3 cards for PowerPC Macs, where can I get it?

Thanks!

Hello!

Actually, I don't even have the G3 upgrade card. Mac OS X didn't like my Powerlogix one. Anyway, I forgot the URL, but I know Ryan Rempel has developed an unsupported utility x program. Do a search for it on version tracker or call Apple for his web address.

Have a great day!

Albert

I remember reading in an issue of MacAddict about a utility that changes something, the ROM perhaps, I don't know exactly what it was, I just remember that it said it allowed the 600 series of processors to have X installed on them. I'm sure that is only limited to 604's and up, but you never know. I made a note of this because I have a PM7500 at home with a 604 card in it, and was thinking about trying to install X on it...

Also, if you have a valid serial number, it shouldn't be hard to find yourself a copy of a PS installer. For that matter, you could dish out a few bucks and buy the upgrade to 6.0...I think all they ask for is the serial number.

I remember reading in an issue of MacAddict about a utility that changes something, the ROM perhaps, I don't know exactly what it was, I just remember that it said it allowed the 600 series of processors to have X installed on them. I'm sure that is only limited to 604's and up, but you never know. I made a note of this because I have a PM7500 at home with a 604 card in it, and was thinking about trying to install X on it...

Also, if you have a valid serial number, it shouldn't be hard to find yourself a copy of a PS installer. For that matter, you could dish out a few bucks and buy the upgrade to 6.0...I think all they ask for is the serial number.

Back