Problems Installing Flash Due to User Access Problems

EKLOSLIS

Registered
Hi, First of all great service.

2nd I'm trying to install flash for my mac G5 I'm currently running Internet Explorer 5.2 and I can download the start up file but when I try to install the dmg file it says access error denied. The computer is a personal computer it's not on a network and only one user, From what I can see access is clear. What can I do to fix the problem?

have you tried dowloading it with safari or any browser firefox, camino other than IE ? which OS are you running ?

I am assuming you have a first generation PowerMac G5, and have MacOS X 10.2.7 or 10.2.8 installed.

'... I can download the start up file but when I try to install the dmg file ...'?; did you obtain the 'install_flash_player_osx.dmg' (1.2 MB in size) file, via the Flash download page? If not, do so.

As per the Flash download page your IE 5.2 should have received the '.dmg' file correctly, and you have a version of MacOS X capable of using Flash Player 8.0.

Once you have the 'install_flash_player_osx.dmg' (1.2 MB in size) file - drag it onto 'Disk Copy' ('/Applications/Utilities/' folder).

Reply with your results.

Back