problems printing on EPSON DX9400F

archucb

Registered
dear techs,

here is the problem in detail:

it looks like my computer recognizes and communicates with the printer. when i use the epson printer utility on the computer, i can run the checks, clean the heads, and print the test pages, but i can't print any files.

yet, when i send a file to the printer, the epson printer window opens, it shows that the file is being printed, and that the printing is completed, but nothing comes out the printer. the printer is just idle.

i tried uninstalling the software, finding and installing the most recent update available online, but nothing changed.

another thing i would like to mention is that the DX9400F model is not listed in the printer setup utility, and i have selected the generic "epson stylus color" model instead.

i also tried to get drivers through the apple website, but the model is not listed there either.

system: OS X 10.4
connection via USB

i would very much appreciate your help. thank you in advance.

dear techs,

another thing i would like to mention is that the DX9400F model is not listed in the printer setup utility, and i have selected the generic "epson stylus color" model instead.

i also tried to get drivers through the apple website, but the model is not listed there either.

system: OS X 10.4
connection via USB

There are no techs here. There are only users like you who may have more experience than you. Have you searched Epson's website? Its European website appears to have an up-to-date driver for your peripheral.

Back