Problems w/ my g3

yadayada

Registered
Note: I've tried safe mode, and I don't have this problem there. But when I'm in safe mode, I can't get to the internet, so it's useless.

I have an ibook g3. I don't know the exact kind, but it has dual usb ports and a translucent keyboard.

I know my g3 is old, but it works just fine. I can start up, log in, and my desktop will come up just fine. I can run any of the applications I have installed. I can get on the internet. I can do pretty much anything... for ten minutes.

After being on my g3 for a little while, it starts to go slower and slower and slower until I get the little rainbow pinwheel thing and it freezes up. Then I have to turn it off by force.

BTW, when all of this starts, it doesn't really heat up or make any odd noises.

Can someone please tell me what's wrong with it and how to fix it?! The other laptop I have now is running on Windows 7... so I really, really need my g3!

Try watching activity monitor while you are using it to watch active processes to see whats using the CPU when this happens. It would be nice if you could tell us how much RAM you have and what version of OSX you are running?

Back