Problems waking clamshell iBook with 9.2

monktus

Registered
I have an old clamshell iBook that I was going to sell, however I encountered a problem when testing it. When waking it up after it has been closed, the cursor is movable, however nothing can be clicked. I tried force quitting which first allowed me to quit Shareway IP, and as that didn't help, I tried again and allowed me to quit another networking extension (think it was something Open Transport or LocalTalk related, will need to check). This didn't help eitherhowever and the machine needs to be restarted.

Now back in the day I used to be pretty good at troubleshooting OS7/8/9, however it's been a while! I'm guessing that an extension clash could be the issue, however if that's the case it's unusual for such core extensions to be causing a problem. I recently sold another iBook with the same specs and system install which didn't have any problems.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

I have a Clamshell that once booted to the Desktop in 9.2.2, wouldn't allow you to select and click anything at all for about a minute then all would be fine. I managed to wade through the extensions and eventually managed to sort it out but unfortunately I can't recall which specific extension/s were at the heart of the conflict and ended up installing Panther over the top. I'd offer that you are going to have to go through the Extensions Folder and through the process of elimination find the culprit/s .... what I did was work my way through the alphabet and disabled all extensions starting with the same letter until I found the group that contained the responsible Ext, then worked through that group ... didn't really take me that long. Hope this helps.

Back