problems with firefox...HELP!

quiksan

awesomer...
sorry if this isn't the right section for this topic - please move if I've posted incorrectly.

I'm having a problem with firefox - and it's a real drag, because it's by far my favorite browser!!
it won't download properly. if I click a link to DL something, it just recycles the page and does nothing. I have to right click a link and save the target to disk.
The real problem, is in the 0.9 version of Firefox, it won't install the extensions, which is why I love the browser so much!!

any ideas? thank you SO much in advance, if anyone can help.

oh - I've tried uninstalling, renaming the profile folders (may have missed or done the wrong folder tho), installing on another user, etc.

thx

I got confused when I switched from Firebird to Firefox, but the things you are having problems with seem to work for me.

The prefs are now at: ~<user>/Library/Application Support/ Firefox vs. the old ~<user>/Library/Mozilla folder

Interestingly, Firefox 0.9 for me doesn't even support the right mouse button. Keep in mind it's pre-release software, so there are definitely quirks and issues.

Right mouse button works for me in Firefox 0.9. Logitech MX700 wireless mouse.

I wonder if it's because I'm running the mouse through a KVM (I share one monitor, keyboard and mouse between 2 PCs, one of which is the PowerMac). Unfortunately my only USB mouse is the one-button Apple "Pro" mouse (not very "pro" with only one button but hey) so I can't be sure.

Thought someone might find this useful.

I wrote it to download the nightly build, unzip it, and mount it on the desktop. It does NOT install the new build or do any preference backing up or anything.

Code:
#!/bin/tcsh

cd ~/Desktop/
curl -O [url]http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/Firefox-mac.dmg.gz[/url]
gunzip Firefox-mac.dmg.gz
/System/Library/CoreServices/DiskImageMounter.app/Contents/MacOS/DiskImageMounter Firefox-mac.dmg

Back