Problems with importing in Itunes

Padawanmage

Registered
I'm not sure if anyone else os having this issue, but when I import a compilation CD (like a soundtrack) iTunes doesn't place the mp3's in a folder called the 'Soundtrack title'...but separates them by Artist. So, if 15 different artists are in the cd, there will be 15 separate folders each with a song. How do I setup itunes to simply place the songs in one folder, in other words, by ALbum, not by artist? thanks...

My question is why would you want to? One of the big themes with the iApps (and OSX) is to remove the implementation details from the user. Songs in iTunes can be stored anywhere, over multiple volumes if you wish. It doesn't matter, as iTunes presents an organised view of the songs that you can customize to work the way you do.

My biggest advice to anyone using OSX is to forget about files and directories, and focus on the way you use information. You will find that a lot of the 'quirks' of OSX suddenly become the most natural and obvious ways to do things.

DC

The simple answer to your question is to set iTunes to NOT organize your music folder by default. Under the advanced options in the preference pane. But I would also have to agree wtih DazedAndConfuse on this one... multiple directories won't really hurt anything, unless you want to copy from the directory, then I can see it being somewhat of a bother to have to hunt the music files down one at a time.

this is pretty tangential, but y'all inspired me to try out xnap- what a kick ass program. i haven't tinkered with it very long, but for some reason, it is moving my downloads out of the xnap library, basically preventing me from sharing anything. how do i make a file available to share?

Back