problems with javascript and error 13030 related?

Hertog

Registered
hello,

Mac OSX 10.4.11 PPC G4, 733 mhz

I did a standard update of java. Trivial yes, but the result is a disaster: i can't open safari and itunes anymore, can't reinstall safari, installer 'unexpectedly quits' when installing apps, and i can't send nor read my yahoo mails anymore ('classic' nor 'all new mail') on Firefox 3.6.3 (recent browser). In the last case i get a "unexpected http response, status 13030'. As someone told me, this might all be related.
Tried to run onyx for Tiger, but it crashes each time. The onyx crash log tells me what all the other logs tell me (when installer, safari, itunes quit):

Symbol not found: __ZNK3KJS6JSCell18getTruncatedUInt32ERj
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/WebCore
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore

What could be the problem? Think onyx might find and fix it, does anyone know how to run it anyway? Could i install it on a 10.3.9 drive and run it on the Tiger drive put in slave mode (i have several internal drives)? Or is there an easier solution -without installs- to fix what i think is a java problem?

Thanks in advance!

Back