Problems with mac.com

lonny

Fearless Thinker
I'm having problems downloading attachments from my mac.com account.

I drag the icon to the desktop and basically it stalls...
Plus, downloading from the webmail doesn't seem to work, due to javascript problems on all the browsers I tried (except IE, wich doesn' t exist, as long as I'm concerned).

Can anyone shed some light?

I've just made a test with a smaller file...
it actually downloads fine, but the activity bar is not updated, hence the confusion.

Problems remain with the webmail, have you ever tried? If so, in which browser?

I've never had any issues with downloading attachments through Mail.app or webmail. I'm not sure what is causing your problem, except maybe a bad attachment? I really don't know.

I can't receive mail at all, it says like this:
ERROR:
Could not retrieve mail from the account "Okon Posti".

EXPLANATION:
A connection failure has occurred.

Well i can surf in the internet, and connention is not offline, so i dun know what's the problem...

I changed to this mac.com, because my old email didn't work, so I thought thatit would start to work now, because my machine is mac and mac.com is made for mac, but obviously not.

There are some different system errors once in a two weeks, i better change back to another mail system, that will work. Damn, i started like this, because this iDisk and many other features are good...

Stay with mac.com!
It's actually a super good service. The webmail is in beta stage though, so sometimes the server is down for upgrading and stuff.
I'm sure that when the final version will be ready we won't have problems at all.

Yeah, now it works again...

I use Outlook Express, not that webmail, i tried it (even today, because this outlook didn't let me see the mail) but it always downloads the content of that page 100-200 bytes, so 10 kilobytes require nearly a minute, so absolutely too slow for me.

But now it works, and i better not to complain!

Back