problems with new powerbook

ChromePlanet

Registered
I've got a new PowerBook (w/DL Superdrive) and am having a couple of issues with it I do NOT have with my Mac Mini.

1. when at home I never use the PowerBook screen... I use my 24" Sony DVI screen and switch between the PB and the Mini. So I set the PB to full 1920x1200 resolution for my Sony display and boot with the lid closed so my main display is the external display. But with the lid closed, the PB tends to heat up more than it should, so I open the lid after I log in. The PB screen stays black when I do this. But when the PB goes into standby, bringing it out of standby I always get a lower resolution. The only way to get it back to the higher res is to close the lid, let it go to standby, bring it out of standby with my external keyboard, then open the lid again. This is a pain.

2. even with the lid open, my entire system freezes dead with a frozen display when I do something intensive like change ID3 tags on songs in iTunes while it's updating my iPod... I have >50,000 songs but I also have 2GB of RAM so this shouldn't happen

Back