Problems with sending mail in mail.app

Izzy

luv my lil' malteaser
Hola everyone,

I've been having a problem with the OSX bundled mail program. Every time I reply to emails everything goes well and I think that my mail has been sent...however, when I quit and startup mail again later I get an error message and the email message that I meant to send is in my outbox. Is there something wrong in my settings? Here is a screenshot of the error:

Are you using authentication in the SMTP server??
Please, take a look at this text, from the iTools Help page:
The Mail application may already be set up for your Mac.com email. Open Mail and check. Otherwise:

Open System Preferences, click Internet, and enter your iTools member name and password on the iTools tab.

Open Mail, choose Preferences from the Mail menu, and click Accounts. If your Mac.com account is not listed, click Create Account, choose Mac.com Account from the Account Type pop-up menu, and enter your account information.

Select "Use authentication when sending mail" and enter your member name and password in the SMTP User and SMTP Password fields.

Your email address is entered automatically based on the member name you typed in the Internet pane of System Preferences.

The member name and password you use for SMTP authentication must match the member name and password in the User Name and Password fields.

To switch to POP, delete the existing IMAP account before you create the new POP account. Choose POP Account from the Account Type pop-up menu instead of Mac.com Account.

Duh! I can't believe I didn't check that...thank you amigo...it's all fixed :D

Back