Problems With Ssd In Macbook Pro 2007

GioAlbo

Registered
Hello, I'm Giovanni and I bought an SSD crucial bx200 e I make a copy of the HDD of my macbook pro 2007 with carbon copy cloner.
I follow the instructions and after this I replaced my old hdd with brand new ssd.
When I turn on the mac and after 20 seconds appears a question mark on a white screen.
I try different ways to recognize the ssd:
cmd+alt+p+r (reset PRAM)
shift
cmd+d
cmd+r
alt (startup manager) this way appears the black arrow of the mouse and not the question mark.

Anyone can help me? Any suggestion?
thank you.

Gio

Your new SSD is blank. It needs to be formatted and the OS installed on it. The question mark indicates that the Macbook can not find a system to start up with.

You made a copy of your old drive, use that to start up. Then use Disk Utility (in Applications>Utilities folder) to format the drive. Then install the OS.

Your new SSD is blank. It needs to be formatted and the OS installed on it. The question mark indicates that the Macbook can not find a system to start up with.

You made a copy of your old drive, use that to start up. Then use Disk Utility (in Applications>Utilities folder) to format the drive. Then install the OS.

Hi Cheryl thank you.
What do you mean when you said that the SSD is blank?
I make a cloning of my old hdd so it isn't blank. It's a perfect copy of my hdd. I think so.
I try two different software to clone it.
CCC and Super Duper

Okay, I missed that you used the new SSD to copy. Did you make a bootable copy? What OS version are you using? Do you have the install disk for OS X? How did you format the drive? It should be GUID and Mac OS Extended Journaled.

Okay, I missed that you used the new SSD to copy. Did you make a bootable copy? What OS version are you using? Do you have the install disk for OS X? How did you format the drive? It should be GUID and Mac OS Extended Journaled.
Hi Cheryl.
I don't make a bootable copy I just clone my hdd exactly. do you think that it would be the problem?
I use the OSX 10.9.5 mavericks and I don't have anymore the Install disk of OSX.
At least I format the ssd with GUID and mac os extended journaled before cloning it.

The computer will not recognize the drive as start up unless the clone has been made bootable.

Check your preferences in Carbon Copy Cloner - I don’t have it, so I can’t give you exact.

Ok I surrender. I try all the options with no results.
I format the ssd again and I try to install OS X from the beginning. I made a bootable usb of mac os x and when it asks me select disk to install os x it doesn't find the ssd. Why??

Your SSD is usb? What is happening with the internal hard drive? If the internal drive is dead, from where are you making a bootable cloned drive?

Your SSD is usb? What is happening with the internal hard drive? If the internal drive is dead, from where are you making a bootable cloned drive?
No no my internal drive is ok. I disassemble the internal drive and I put the SSD inside the mac. Before do this I prepare an usb bootable with mavericks inside. I made it from the internal drive before I disassemble it.

Back