Problems with Toast Titantium on G5 iMac

henry33

Registered
Having troubles with Toast 6.1.1 on iMac G5 OS 10.4.8 and not getting any responses from 3 forums for Toast and DivX in which I entered the following:
Backups of iMac & iBook worked OK previously. But iMac usually reports that "A file couldn't be found: -43" or something similar. (Backing up to DVD-R) However iBook backup now didn't work at all. "Sector O is unreadable. Verification Failed." CD-R is filled but not finalized and therefore unplayable. How to finalize it? And how to prevent unreadable sections? (I don't have these problems when I back up everything monthly to an external drive with CopyCloner.)

I have two 600+MB films on my desktop encoded with DivX. I want to burn both to a DVD-R using Toast to play on a new DVD player which handles DivX files. It appears I should be able to copy about 7 such films to one DVD-R, but although Toast accepts the first one (I selected the Video tab), it refuses the second no matter how I try to add it. Cursor just keeps spinning. It also refuses a short QuickTime movie I tried to add to the burn.

Back