problems with Windows 2003 and MacOSX10.3

Abo

Registered
Hello,

I have a network with a windows2003 fileserver and mixed clients Win2K/XP, MacosX10.3, Macos9.2. I experience the following problems:

- on the macs we experience that copying from the fileserver is working on normal 100mbit speed but copying to the server is much slower. We use the smb protocol to connect to the fileserver and the macs are on 100Mbit, and i use 3com swithes in the network.

- When we browse the fileserver from an OSX client we experience that the listing of a folder comes much slower than on a Macos9.2 with appletalk.

- Also files on the fileserver becomes a "unix file" when we browse with a macosX client. And on the macOS9.2 client everthing looks fine.

Can any body help with this strange problems ?
Thanks in advance

Just out of curiosity, if your OS 9.x computers are able to connect properly, why are you connecting your OS X computers using SMB? Why not use afp://servername.domain.com.

I can't tell your right off why the OS X computers would have a slow SMB connection to the Win2k3 server, but if you have AFP running already for the OS 9 boxes, you might as well use it for the OS X boxes too.

Or am I missing something?

I just did the test and I have tried afp and smb on OSX and they are bought very slow in copying things to the server.

Back