Problems with Word 98 and Word 2001

Innerhofer

Registered
Now maybe it's just me, but I haven't been able to get Word 98 or 2001 to function properly under Classic, no matter what extensions I disabled or enabled.

Word seems to work fine until I scroll in the page layout view. What happens then is that some of the text doesn't properly scroll and thus gets doubled and blurred at each scroll so that in the end I have the same line or graphic all over the page.

When I don't use the arrows but just click in the scroll bar, everything works fine. This is not just annoying but inacceptable in a work environment.

Word 98 also used to crash on me under classic which word 2001 doesn't seem to do, but that may be just by chance.

Another thing is that the whole office suit 2001 is not compatible with Ram Doubler though Connectix told me they were working on a fix.

Originally posted by Innerhofer
This is not just annoying but inacceptable in a work environment.
Another thing is that the whole office suit 2001 is not compatible with Ram Doubler though Connectix told me they were working on a fix.

May i remind you that you are using a beta OS. MS Office was not designed to run in Classic. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO BACK TO MacOS9

And it is not office that is not compatible, but RamDoubler. It is widely known, that RamDoubler is the primary reason for any inregular beheaviour. RamDoubler is no more then a system hack, if you want to use it, that's your choice, but do not blame MS.

DJ

Back