Problems with word Formatting Palette

doofmunch

Registered
ok I had this problem where the word formatting palette was stuck underneath the screen... it was there, I just couldn't view it (and I was at max resolution) so i searched the web for help and came upon this advice:

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office.word
Date: 2003-04-21 01:16:15 PST
On 21/4/03 12:17 am, in article
200420031717446810%jemcgimpsey@mvps.org,
"J.E. McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:
> If for some reason Elliott's suggestion doesn't work (and I suspect
it
> should), you can use this:
>
> Type Opt-F11 to enter the Visual Basic Editor. Type CMD-G to open the
> Immediate Window, then type or paste the following, ending each with
> the Return key:
>
> Commandbars("formatting palette").Left = 100
> Commandbars("formatting palette").Top = 100

Upon doing this... the formatting pallete is now visible, however it is super small, and doesn't show any of the menu info. Like probably only 100 pixels by 100 pixels or something... is there any way to just return the formatting palette to its default settings or to resize it using the VB code? PLEASE HELP!!! I need the formatting palette.

Try

Commandbars("formatting palette").Left = 300
Commandbars("formatting palette").Top = 300

or higher or lower values.

Delete your Word plist file (surely that's where your toolbar size information is stored), and see if things revert to default.

I can't for the life of me figure out how you managed to get the palette off the screen though.

thaaank you... deleting the plist did it.
now I have no idea how i got the formatting palette of the screen either... I was using word, then i closed my powerbook and took it back to my dorm room and instead of having the formatting palette at the bottom of the screen it was just gone... then i realized it was below the screen. Just one more question... is deleting the .plist file for word problem? will this hurt word or something or make it not function properly?

Back