problems with xp

b4tn

Registered
I finnaly got XP today I got the networking all set up I can mount the drive but I can only copy one file at a time. I tried coping over my mp3 folder and it gets half way through and gives an error
"the operation cannot be completed because one or more required items cannot be found. (error code -43)."
this seems to happen anytime I try to copy a multitude of files. If I copy one by one I have no problems. Am I the only one that has had this problem?

Are we talking about Windows XP here?
What are you copying from, what are you copying to, and how did you connect?

either you lost track of which forum you are in, which computer and system you are using or asking a question that only begs for more questions or all three. before anyone can help you, i think you need to identify which one.:confused:

... I know it takes a wee while longer (like a few secs at most), but you could simply tar the files, and then untar them on NT (soz, I mean XP, of course).

Or if you're uncomfortable with the command-line, you could use EnZip on XP. Its a v.good free WinZip-like application that can handle most compression types.

But I too would be interested to know why you posted the question here? ;-)

C

I guess I could have been more specific. I get that error in OSX. when trying to copy to my xp machine using smb.

roughly how many files are we talking about? I've copied between 50 and a hundred files from my OS X to my NT box and vice versa no probs. But haven't done any larger quantaties than that. ... if I have more than about 20 files I tend to use a tar instead.

C

I have received this error coping from OS 9 to OS X as well. It only seems to happen when there are a HUGE number of files.

FaRuvius

Back