Probs installing the new Tiger Beta A425

Hi fryke -

The Apple DVD-R burned BUT a Apple Disk Copy "verify" of the disc failed on two separate attempts.

The first of these attempted to boot from (using Prefs Startup Disc). At the grey screen with the rotating progress indicator, it appeared to fail booting from the burned install DVD. I let the progress indicator swrilling circle sit there for about 10 mins + and it wouldn't go beyond that point. At that juncture no keyboard commands (option, or C) had any effect. So I was reduced to unplugging the eMac and rebooting after removing the DVD from the drive.

Any suggestions ... aside from waiting until 04/29 ?

Thank You Thank You,
Paul

I think when I first installed 8A428, I had to hold down the 'C' key. Selecting it in Startup Volume kinda didn't stick. Btw.: I usually use very cheap DVD-R's with an external NEC DVD+/-RW, so I really guess it might rather be the dmg than the media... But having a couple of "known to be good" media around is better anyway, since if something goes wrong with the cheap ones, you can move to those for reference.

If you simply mount the dmg by double-clicking it, does it give a checksum error, too?

fryke said:
I think when I first installed 8A428, I had to hold down the 'C' key. Selecting it in Startup Volume kinda didn't stick. If you simply mount the dmg by double-clicking it, does it give a checksum error, too?

No Checksum Error when simply clicking on the .dmg . Mounts the Image on desktop normally :) I don't think the problem is there. I'll try booting with Command "C" at startup and / or Option so the Select Boot Volume sequence loads.

Thank you again. Will report back : )

Paul

Got the eMac to boot from the install DVD. Then the Installer 'verify disc' sequence said the disc failed to verify. Tried the ignore and install and yes mid way through the install aborted the install. I suspect I ought to wait about 9 days for the retail :(

I have tried to install 8A428 (golden master) but it finds a failure in the verify control point of the installer DVD. If I skip east point with the button "skip" it installs to me exactly until 33%.

is wrong my .dmg? it happens to you the same? :(

thx!

maulet

Your dmg seems corrupted, which is strange. Redownload or wait for the DVD to arrive.

Back