Programmer's Button

.dev.lqd

Angry Member
I wish the programmer's button brought up a console... subsequent presses would make it go away. Similar to the old debugger- except useful. Occasionally the windowserver will crash, and I just want to nab a shell and kill it. Other machines in my house have varying degrees of success with ssh and my machine- so it'd be handy... just wishing out loud :)

Speaking of Programmers switch, (aka interrupt switch), I heard from an employee at the local college's apple store, that the programmers switch isnt on the new Quicksilvers... is tat true? i sure hope not

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the new Quicksilver G4s do not have a programmers button, unfortunately..

.. you can just look at some of the pictures that Apple provides of the PowerMac G4 on their site, and see if it does or doesn't have the button -- it should be in the front of the computer.

Of course they have a programmers button , directly under the reset switch, just huge enough to fit the tip of a pen in it.

Thanks for correcting me ulrik... what I meant to say was it wasn't really a button, since it's not as big as the oth... oh, forget it. I was wrong. :D

Back