Project Builder compiles all my files?

isgoed

Registered
I have PB 1.1.1 on my G4 powerbook and PB 1.1 on my G3 iMac. On my iMac only the changed files get compiled when I run my program. On my Powerbook (PB 1.1.1) ALL THE FILES get compiled EVERY TIME, even if they haven't changed. This takes avout 1 minute and is very annoying because it can take very long to let you discover that you misspelled a function name.

help?

I've never seen a difference between machines, but here's something that can cause a lot of recompiling:

1) Edit a header file that several classes import - that will do it.
2) Use @class - depending on where you use it, changing one file could lead to the necessity to recompile multiple classes, even those which are second conditions.

There might be a preference in Project Builder to rebuild each time, but I haven't seen it.

Matt Fahrenbacher

I have examined the build log thoroughly and I discovered that Project Builder 1.1.1 (the one that compiles at every run) has an extra statement in its log, namely: RobustCp.CleanBeforeAndAfter. I am most certain that this causes the unneeded compiles. The question is now. How do I remove it?

??

isgoed

I thought I had succeeded in solving the problem. I have an official developertools cd, which included a terminal deinstall script. I adjusted the script to deinstall my 2001 dec edition. Which means I changed the name of the package to deinstall from developer.pkg to DevSDK.pkg, DevTools.Pkg and 2001DevTools.pkg (or something like that). This left me with a very poor installation of the developer package. But Project Builder works.

------------ammendment---------------

It still doesn't work

Project builders 'build' calls a makefile that is located at Developer/Makefiles/pbx_jamfiles/ProjectBuilderJamBase. It is possible to remove the robustclean operation but this does not prevent the building progress to skip updating all my 50 files in my project. The build log starts with …updating 51 target(s)…. How to tell project builder to only update the changed files?

---end ammendment----

Steven

Back