Project builder quits at launch

julguribye

Registered
I reinstalled my system and reinstalled Developer tools (I have the December 2001 package). When I try to launch Project Builder, it quits as soon as the icon has appeared in the dock...Always. I get no "Unexpectly quit" message, and it doesn't leave a preferences file. Anyone know WHY?

p.s I have also tried to reinstall it.

I don't know if this applies to your situation, but I have found that a couple of other apps that acted like this (instant quit, no error message) had permissions issues. Have you double-checked ownership and permissions for Project Builder?

The owner is system the group is admin.
All the other apps has the same privileges, so I don't think that is the issue...

Check your console (applications/utilities/console.app) while launching. Does it say the following?

dyld: /Developer/Applications/Project Builder.app/Contents/MacOS/Project Builder can't open library: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaKit.framework/Versions/A/JavaKit (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

If so, you've got the same problem as I. What's to be done? Just create the directory it asks for? Anyone?

Mediahawk

I was able to extract that file from the Dev Tools disk image by using Pacifist. Put it in the proper directory and presto - ProjectBuilder launches again!
:D

Thanks for the advice! I tried it and now it works like a charm. So, my advice to anyone with this problem is to check the console (applications/utilities/console.app) for what the problem might be. Then fix it with Pacifist.

MH

Originally posted by mediahawk
Check your console (applications/utilities/console.app) while launching. Does it say the following?

dyld: /Developer/Applications/Project Builder.app/Contents/MacOS/Project Builder can't open library: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaKit.framework/Versions/A/JavaKit (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

If so, you've got the same problem as I. What's to be done? Just create the directory it asks for? Anyone?

Mediahawk

I get that message in the console too, but I did not fully understand your fix... Shall I copy a file from the DevTools pkg with Pacifist? That didn't work because devtools is a .mpkg file and what shall I put in that java dir?

Finally I can get working on the Cocoa tut on O'Reilly! ;-)

Nice to see other .no developers here ;-)

----------------------------------------------
TiBook 500 Mhz, 512 Mb RAM, OSX 10.1.3, Maxtor 60Gb, GemPC 430 SmartCard reader

Back