Proteus 2.0 Preview

hew

Registered
The Proteus 2.0 Preview is finally out. There are a few large changes such as a drawer feature for message windows, slimmed down contact list and a new icon. There are a few small changes as well. Check it out here: http://www.indigofield.com/news.php?id=3

Also I'm a tester for Justin, I've been testing 2.0 in beta form for the past 2 weeks or so. Last night he finally tossed me the Public Beta version and we got most of the bugs out of it. If you have a problem with a bug or something weird is happening just email him or drop a thread in his forums.

Proteus is supercool! I liked the old icon, wonder is the new one is any better.
It just needs the ability to tranfer files...

it didn't accept my msn user anymore... will give it another go before ichat is here!;)

[EDIT]:

Looks fantastic!!... except it still won't use my MSN settings, MAJOR problem:( (plus it quit, but I know it's a beta)

So, until I get an 'easy' fix for that MSN problem, Proteus is a no go I'm afraid:(

Proteus 2.0 beta still can't connect to AIM, but neither can Fire.
Which is exactly how AOHell wants it, no doubt!
:mad:

I am using Proteus V2

I have the following accounts set up.

AIM, ICQ, MSN, YAHOO, JABBER

ALL working perfectly.

message me on any if you like - please no spam

aim and yahoo = xefoiv
msn = efo@mac.com
jabber = xefoiv

um I always forget the ICQ # sorry

Cheers

Congrats to Justin on another awesome release!

dose anyoine knowhow to actualy sign up for a jabber account?? (if someone could, please give me the direct link to the page with all the text feilds thx :-D)

tons of bugs :(

1) In the prefs i can't go in to: Colour, Speech or Shell Comands
2) In the Sounds Pref if you have chosen "Default" or "MSN" for any of the selections and then on another you pick "Other..." they all revert back to "Other..."
3)in the interface pref the "floater" is very destorted it is either black or blury
more to come :(

Yahoo connects half the time and when it does it sais Justin Wood you have new Male instead of my SN or Name or whatever it is supposed to in Proteus ICQ and MSN always connects and Jabber and AIM never connect. :(

Back