Proteus 4 on its way!

Always the same. Seems like different people prefer different instant messenger applications/protocols. For me, it's iChat. Simple, yet effective. Does AIM and is ICQ-interoperable, which is perfect for me.

www.apple.com/ichat ;-)

I LOVE iChat, but 256 MB of RAM, with all 4 of my messengers open, plus Safari, iTunes, Spy, and Word, isn't fun.
Fire likes to mess with my AIM buddy list. Adium is cool, just, not able to connect to Yahoo!, and has less features, Proteus is the only client I've liked so far.

I just want an iTunes like interface for iChat. Left pane: User list (shows active chats with a symbol). Click on a user, the right pane shows the chat (if one's active). That'd be nice.

Hrm... but I like to survey many open conversations at once. And to watch the video streams of several people at once...

UNIX X11 said:
Fire sucks way too much. It screws with your AIM buddy list.

What does Fire do to my AIM buddies? Proteus added my friends buddies to my proteus when i let my friend use it, but when i deleted his account all his buddies stayed. Now i have one mess of a buddy list in Proteus. That's supposed to be fixed in 4 but for now, Fire is the best.

Back