ProTools Users please

plastic

McG4Dual
I am a ProTools user and was wondering how many out here are PT users as well. The thing is, I have heard at a trade show recently that PT for OS X is coming out very soon (they were waiting for Jaguar) but since Jag has been out and running about creating chaos for a while now, how come Digidesign, as well as Emagic has yet to relase the OS X version of Audio Editing/ MIDI software?

Anyone has news on this or can shed some light on this? ProTools related stuff please. Thanks.

PS: I am worried about the massive plug in library that I have. Hope that they can still be used in the OS X environment.

Any comments or have anyone heard wind?

Good questions. I was wondering about the same issue (plug-ins).

I am a Logic user, and as you probably know, Apple bought Emagic. So I expect a kick-ass version of Logic for OS X to come out a lot sooner than it might have.

I'll be disappointed - to say the least - if my VSTs don't work in an OS X Logic.

Originally posted by squidbite
Good questions. I was wondering about the same issue (plug-ins).

I'll be disappointed - to say the least - if my VSTs don't work in an OS X Logic.

Unless they are carbonized, they will most probably (read: almost certainly) not work.

STOP SCARING ME! ha ha ha...

Facing the truth, I think they will not work... and I hope the plugz companies will have a heart and give us a fat discount for moving to OS X or better still, give us a free upgrade!

*keeping my fingers crossed*

Might want to ask some questions about Logic though..

Back