Prove it: a new boot screen?

By boot screen, you mean the first thing the Mac displays when it finds a System folder, right? I don't mind this as a replacement for the current "Happy Mac" displayed. ... and isn't that little blue thing the new "progress" beach ball in Jaguar?

Yes, the blue orb is the new spinning replacement for the beach ball.

I always thought the boot Mac icon came from the boot ROM, not the OS you had installed on the HD.

The happy mac classic icon has been around since 1984, they can't get rid of it!! I think the new boot screen is rather ugly. Oh well, if Apple keeps it we will just have to get use to it.

The OS that is being booted controls the boot icon you get. If you have Linux PPC installed on your computer you get a happy mac with a happy penguin at startup.

Originally posted by ddma
Is it a new boot screen with OS X 10.2?

boot.jpg

Could someone please repost or better attach the image? Thankyou.(it seems broken)

ono.gif

i just started to isntall jag. 6c85 and this is almost exactly wat the new boot screen looks like on my imac 333

this was drawn in ms paint.

The "new" boot screen is just the screen of the computer, not the whole computer itself, with the words "hello" below it and the spinning blue beach ball below that instead of up in the left hand corner.

Why everything thinks it's ugly is quite ridiculous considering it's exactly the same image that boots on Macs, the smiley face screen, but without the computer around it.

It looks like it got yanked because this is a Mac tech website forum and not a rumors site. Even though we are posting in the News & Rumors thread. Go figure?

to all those who didnt see it earlier, it looks quite normal.

rofl@ timan and the MS PAINT version....that would be funny.

Back