Putting Tbook to sleep..

kennethyu

Registered
Hi,

does anyone know if its ok to keep the tbook on sleep mode all the time?
and
I use my laptop mostly at home, isit ok if i keep it plugged in to the adapter all the time??

pls advice..

thanks heaps..

:confused:

You bet! Putting the TiBook/iBook to sleep is basically turning it off w/o losing your spot. It creates no heat nor does it use any power during sleep mode.

I carry my iBook around all week in my backpack on sleep .. no problems at all.

Sleep mode draws power in proportion to the amount of RAM you have on your book. It has to keep the RAM alive after all, right?

You'll notice a dip in battery level if you leave the book in sleep for, say, over the week end.

That said, it is OK to keep the powerbook in sleep mode. Actually, I hardly ever shutdown my tibook. Its on during work and when we are both tired, we go to sleep :)

I'd love to see Apple fix the problem with sleep and Wallstreets (possibly others). If the pb is asleep then unplugged, the fan comes on and stays on as long as it's unplugged. Basically making sleep unless in my case. :mad:

I've never had any sleep problems with either one of my computers. I almost never shut down my TiBook, and have never had any problems.

I have never shut down my powerbook (pismo/400mhz/640mb ram). It is always a restart or sleep :). I have left my gf's old iBook on sleep (unplugged) for over 7 days with no problems.

Originally posted by themacko
I carry my iBook around all week in my backpack on sleep .. no problems at all.

Not a good idea. Sleep DOES draw power ("heat" as you put it). Not a lot of power, but power none the less. It's not advisable to put it in a place without ventilation, even in sleep mode.

But as far as leaving it on all the time in sleep mode -- I agree, no problem! I never turn my PB off.

Back