Qt/Mac

Lycander

Registered
Has anyone else downloaded and tried the new Qt lib Trolltech released for OSX? I did and it compiled nicely, but I had to do one little thing to get it to work. I'll ellaborate on that if anyone is interested.

Andways, my problem is in regards to actually building some Qt apps. I create a *.pro file and define my project according to the example files that came with this Qt package then passed it to qmake and it generated my Makefile for me.

The problem is: the examples reside in /usr/local/qt/examples/<project> and each one's *.pro file sets the include path relatively. I tried to use an absolute path (/usr/local/qt/include) since my project files and *.pro file is in my home directory (~/test). qmake complains when I try to do it there. I move my "test" folder into /usr/local/qt/examples and changed the include definition to a relative path (../../include) and now qmake works. Does anyone else have this problem?

Lastly, is anyone able to use the Qt lib from within Project Builder? I've made 2 attempts, once from an empty project and once from a Carbon template but cleaned it up a bit. In any which way I try, the linker errors out saying there is a missing symbol: vtable for TestApp. TestApp being the name of my project and .app bundle. Yet the compiler works just fine.

EDIT: more specifically, the complaint qmake raises is that it says certain modules aren't installed or found: full-config. "full-config" was in the example *.pro files, the full line of text says:
REQUIRES=full-config

Nevermind, I figured it out. All I had to do was remove the offending line of config directive. Removing the line "REQUIRES=full-config" and I was able to build my test app from my home directory.

Back