QT Pro 7 Export Problem

lombarke

Registered
So, I have this .wmv file (a bit over 300mb) that I wanted to convert to QT format so I can burn it to DVD through iDVD. So I got the Flip4Mac player that will allow me to play .wmv files in QT. Got the .wmv in QT, clicked on Export, set it up to export it to a Quicktime movie, and let it go...it was going really slow (which is understandable), so I let it run overnight...when I woke up, it was in the same spot it was in before I went to bed.

As a test, I tried doing just a "save as" .mov file on the wmv...and that took about 3 seconds...but I removed flip4mac (just as a test) and tried to play the new .mov file in QuickTime and it didn't work...said it was missing software, yada yada yada.

Has anyone tried doing this? Is it because the file is too big? Any suggestions to help out? I have a 15" pb, 1.67ghz, 1 gig of RAM if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance!

theres also another problem with flip4mac or qt pro.

i can only watch 50% of wmv files using qt pro and that includes when it gets exported. i can only export 50% of the file.

on wmp i can watch the whole file btw.

did u have the same problem?

eliezer said:
theres also another problem with flip4mac or qt pro.

i can only watch 50% of wmv files using qt pro and that includes when it gets exported. i can only export 50% of the file.

on wmp i can watch the whole file btw.

did u have the same problem?

that's not a problem...that's because you have the unregistered version. it's a crippling effect of shareware so you can test its features...if you pay $9.99 for the player, you will be able to load the entire wmv.

i'm going to test out some smaller wmv's and see if I can convert them. if anybody is able to help me out with any suggestions, i'm open! thanks again guys.

well...for anyone who's interested, i tinkered with it some more last night, and i changed the export settings from h.264 to mpeg-4 to see if it would work, and it did. it exported to a QT movie.

now i guess my question is why would it screw up while exporting using h.264? is that something I would need Tiger for, by any chance?

Back