Qtss

telarium

Registered
Ok, I'm having trouble with the Quicktime Streaming Server, and I'm not quite sure what to do.

For some reason that I can't explain - the server automatically starts up when I boot, even though I unchecked the 'start up at boot' box. When I turn the server off and use the 'top' command in the Terminal, MP3Broadca[st] is still listed as running (under root.) So my question is -- how do I stop this, or how do I login as root? I tried the SU command in the Terminal with no luck. This thing is taking up a good amount of processor power -- so it would be nice to get it out of the way.

Thanks,

Brad

Did you try
Code:
sudo kill [pid]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember MP3Broadcast being a process of QTSS? Do you have any other media servers on your computer?

I installed QTSS on my first iMac, but when I reformatted I killed it because it was kinda useless not being able to configure a specific port other than 80!

Thanks, I killed the process - but I can't figure out what that program is either - and I'm sure I haven't installed anything recently. Hmm...the mystery continues...

-Brad

Back