Quake 3 Mac to PC

northmore

Registered
I have a Mac Mini and my friend has a Shuttle PC, we both have Quake 3 Arena and we want to play accross the internet together on a team.
Does anyone know how to go about this? There is a section to Specify, i put in his i.p. address but it doesn't seem to work.... is it even compatable with mac and pc?

Thanks, Damien

Make sure that you both have the latest patches fro your respective computers. Numberwise, they might be off, but if it's the latest version available then they should be on par with each other.

Also, make sure that that the firewall on both systems is allowing the ports for Q3 to go through.

nixgeek said:
Make sure that you both have the latest patches fro your respective computers. Numberwise, they might be off, but if it's the latest version available then they should be on par with each other.

Also, make sure that that the firewall on both systems is allowing the ports for Q3 to go through.

Probably a firewall issue, or something of that sort... I play Q3A across the net with my PC friends all the time...

I should have added...

What is the network setup for both locations?

Back