Quake 3 Problem

ulrik

Registered
I have a problem with my Q3 Install! After the latest update, I always get the message it can't load the default.cfg. I remember that Q3 placed it's default config somewhere in Applications Support, but even the most detailed Sherlock search didn't find that file for me. Could anyone send me his or her Default.cfg to uw@xweb.de? I have no PC at hand at the moment (besides VPC, which has problems) where I could install Q3 and copy the default.cfg from. I am using my PC Q3 version with the OS X files, so I can't install the game native under OS X. PLEEASE HELP, or the waiting time for RTCW (which I have....for PC...grrr) will be unbearable! I finished Deus Ex yesterday for the third time and now I have nothing to play! AAAAAAHHHH!

anyway, thanx for help ;)

thanx...there it should be, but it isn't, that's why I can't run the game ;)

Could you mail me your default.cfg??? would be great ;) Don't forget to overwrite the CD-key with some XXXXs, but keep the position in there so I know where I have to place mine!

thanx!

uw@xweb.de

If you delet your cfg q3 generates a new one that is the "default" cfg.From the start there is no cfg it's beeing created when you start the game four the first time and the q3key is only in the cfg in the earlier versions but if you use 1.17 to 1.30 i think,the file is a standalone file containing the seriel key in your baseq3 folder and in your osp folder (www.orangesmoothie.com) There is a .zip version that u can use for the mac there.You need to put the keyfile in every separate "Mod" folder(if they havent fixed the issue).I hope this will help you.

No. It doesn't help. Sadly. When I fire up the game, I get the error message "couldn't load default.cfg". It doesn't create any file.

But what can I do with this config generator? It is only for the OSP mod if I understand it right. It doesn't create the default.cfg, does it?

When you install quake3 there is no cfg.It will be created when you start the game four the first time.So your problems must be something else.

Deelay is correct. You can delete the cfg file and Quake 3 should recreate it. However, this sounds like a different problem.... familiar though...

Where do you have the Quake3.app installed? Be sure that in the baseq3 folder with the pk3 files is in the same level at the app. Also, make sure pak0.pk3 through pak6.pk3 are all in that baseq3 folder.

Back