Quanta to Produce New iMacs

But I thought Steve Jobs built all Macs by hand in a little workshop, like Santa Claus! :(

:D ;)

Arden, that was my vision too...
I'm especially happy Apple will finally address the shipping delays they have, that will improve the experience a lot.

I'm a bit worried though. Taxes, labour, electricity and government fees are only 5% of the total PowerBook manufacturing cost. How much does it cost to make a PowerBook? Certainly much less than they sell it for. Maybe half of that, or a bit more...let's be generous and say 75% (have to count the software costs, design costs and profits into the final price).
The workers get less than 5% of that, let's say 2%
So for every 12" PowerBook they make (low end, to make it look worse)
$1599*75%*2%=$24

After reading many speculations for the redesign at apple insider, I thought I would throw my hat into the ring on guessing the new "look".

Some over there say it will be a revived cube in aluminum, and they will move away from the "all in one", but I think that defeats the purpose of the iMac.

My thought is that they will keep roughly the same domed look in aluminum BUT the LCD monitor will be able to be hot swapped like a vacuum head.

You can buy any sized LCD to fit on the new and improved swivel arm, and then the LCD also can be used for G5 towers and sit on your desktop.

Any thoughts? Could this be done? Multiple uses for the new LCD line?

You can use a new 23" LCD as either a G5 tower monitor or lock it onto your new G5 iMac industrial strength swivel arm!

Sounds pretty cool to me!

Back