Quark 6.5 and 7 on same machine

mspain77

Registered
I just got Quark 7 for my PowerMac G4 at work, and I am currently running 6.5. We have some clients that will not be able to open up anything created in Q7, yet I need to be able to open and edit stuff sent to us in Q7 format.
I have heard that there may be some problems if I install Q7 without uninstalling Q6.5 because they MAY share some of the same libraries.

Is this an issue to be concerned about? I would like to have them both so I can still save down if neccesary, once Quark fixes that incompatibility bug with Q7 files crashing Q6 when opening exported files.

Any input would be great.
I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas as much as I did. Thanks a bunch!

Okay, this had 15 views with no response so I figured nobody else was any more certain than I was. I spoke with a guy at Quark and he said that when installing the upgrade version (as I am), I will still be able to run both programs simultaneously from the same machine with no issues and no reinstall of the previous version after the upgrade. I'm running a PowerPC mac, and it's the same for both I guess. Just thought I'd pass what I was able to dig up. ;)

Back