Quark 6 question

Darth Paul

Registered
Ok, last question for today. You've all been great so far, so I hope you can help out on this one...

Using Quark 6 on Panther and multiple accounts... I get the error message: “QuarkXPress 6.0 cannot be run from a locked volume”.

I checked the Quark site and this is their solution:

Mac OS X only: If a user other than the one who activated QuarkXPress logs on and attempts to launch the application, the error message “QuarkXPress 6.0 cannot be run from a locked volume” displays. To avoid this problem, set the QuarkXPress permissions (File > Get Info > Ownership > Permissions) to share with other users after you install it.

However, I've tried every way in Ownership & Permissions and still nothing works.

Anyone have a magical solution for this?

Paul

Launch your comp in root, and tell us if problem persists.
If it does, your copy is cracked, if it does not, your installation disk is faulty.

I did have this same problem. You don't need to logged in as root, but you do need to be an admin to change the ownership. If your multiple users aren't all of the group admin, then you may have a problem. Since the three users that I have that might use this application are all part of admin it isn't a problem for me. But if some of your users are Admin's and some are just regular users, you are going to make a group that they can both shaer. Then you will have to change the Group Owner of quark to be the group that you must made. I hope this makes sense.

Back