Quartz Extreme Check

when i was checking it out, the reviews were clarrifying that it only works with 10.2. apparently it measures how much quartz extreme you are taking advantage of.

That's great. It sounds like it will work well then. I'll have to see whether or not my Rage128 actually is using QE or not(although I don't expect it to really).

yes, it should be very interesting to see if we get any use of QE or if speed improvements all come thru other methods. It is interesting that there are so many updates and stuff out for 10.2 already. some of the developers are really looking sharp on this one.

just ran it, it just tells you if its acclerated or not

i am running one display, it says "display 1 is acclerated"

*shrugs*

Originally posted by BuddahBobb
just ran it, it just tells you if its acclerated or not

i am running one display, it says "display 1 is acclerated"

*shrugs*

Does it even misspell it? ;-)

An easier way to do this is to just throw a DVD into your drive, when the movie begins playing drag the remote around the screen, if it glides smoothly and slightly transparently, then QE is running.

TO say the least, I'm not even going to check to whether my computer is supported. If only that Rage 128 actually had 128Mb. :D

Hey -
I'm looking to get a new powerbook, or at least a newer powerbook. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the cutoff point is... ie which tibooks will be accelerated, and which ones will not? I haven't been around here in a while so if it's already been posted and someone knows where it is.... I'd be eternally greatful!

Urbansory -- Urbansory from flashkit? Small world!

You can usually find me on there under the psychlonex moniker.

J5

Originally posted by hazmat

Does it even misspell it? ;-)

ass ;)

i would like to see a test to see how much QE is being utilized that way i can decide to if it would be worth it to upgrade my radeon 7500 to an 8500 or 9700 even... but that assumes i have money :eek:

When I run the check on my Tibook666 (Gigabit Ether Model) with an external monitor attached it reports that neither the built in display nor the the attached monitor are accelerated yet when I run it without a monitor attached it reports that the display is accelerated.

Does anyone know if this is a bug in the checker app or does QE get disabled on a Powerbook when an external monitor is attached?

Josh

this was really cool, thanks for the tip.

Quick check: You can tell if you are using QE if your pointer has a drop shadow, no drop shadow, not using QE.

My 2 machines: PBG4 667 - QE, Ruby iMac DV - not QE.

thanks again.

BTW: my iMac seems to have a better speed bump than my PB. So far Jaguar is great.

When you run dual displays, your graphic card (Radeon 16MB) will assign 8MB for each display. That is not enough for Quartz Extreme.

Does anyone know if it will work on my Yosemite tower with a Raedon 7000 32mb PCI card installed? Or do I just have to wait and find out myself :rolleyes:

Very small world J5. I still have yet to have a response on the Rage128 Pro working for QE on my G4. I am so curious, sooooo curious.

Back