Que! Fire 4x4x24

CraigB

Registered
I have a QUE! Fire 4X4X24 CDRW that uses a similar drive to the one in the USB drives. I have read about a lot of people that were having trouble with the USB 4X4X8 drive until the new drivers were released. I downloaded those drivers just in case they supported my drive but they didn't.

Am i the ONLY person to have ever bought this drive?

I would say exactly what kind of drive it is but Apple system profiler reports the device as a QBP bridge and says nothing about the drive. However, it reports my Imation Super disk drive as "Apple Disc Burner Supported"!!! WTF

From what i can remember, the drive is a 4804te ort something like that.

i have a Que! Fire 8x4x32 and it works great, both with OS9 and OSX.

You don't need any drivers. In OS9, firewire drives are supported by the firewire set extensions. In OSX, all firewire drives are supported, including Que! burners.

What exactly is your problem?
:cool:

It just dosen't work. I put a blank cd in, name it and select what kind of disc i want made, and drag the files to the disc. It prepares the disc no problem but when it starts to burn, it just sits there. The drive never worked with itunes or disc burner in os 9 either.

OH! Now i know what your problem is. The Apple's drivers cause your problem. I had the same problems with my iomega ZipCD 650. You have to move (IN OS 9) these extensions away from extension folder (don't erase them)
•Disc Burner Extension
•USB Authoring Support
•FireWire Authoring Support

Or these extensions were causing my problems. Hope this helps!

Back