QueDrive Not burning...

m1mx

Registered
I have a QueDrive (firewire) CD burner that I can’t seem to get OS X 10.1 to even recognize that it’s even there.

I’ve look in the System Profiler and it doesn’t even show up on the list. My VST portiable thin drives show up fine and mount with no problems.

I hope this is an issue soon to be fixed, because I’d hate to have to buy a new CD burner just to keep using OS X 10.1— which I’m loving by the way.

Has anyone else had success with OS X 10.1 and (firewire) Quedrives?:(

My Que Fire 24/10/40 drive is recognized by Disc Burner, but not by iTunes. If I go to the iTunes preferences, a drive does show up, but when I click on 'burn' I get an error that a burner was not found. Funny thing is, on the iTunes page, it says that my drive is supported.

Anyone have any ideas? :confused:

I've got a Firewire Que! (8x4x32, i think...) which OS 10.1 (and even iTunes in 10.0.4) recognizes, but it has some problems... I haven't tried burning any Data CDs in 10.1 (although, when I put in a blank CD, it does ask to "prepare" it for me for burning), but I haven't been able to get iTunes to burn yet... it fails after about a minute of burning with an error... the drive is recognized, though, and I have been able to mount CDs with it (my internal DVD drive is just about dead, so it's pretty much useless...).

Try switching firewire ports (if you have more than one) and see if that helps...

I have the same problem with my Que! Fire 16x10x40x. It is recognized by the system and iTunes, but iTunes stops burning with an error and the Finder never properly "prepares" a CD, either for data or iTunes. The GOOD NEWS is the new Toast 5.1P2 WORKS GREAT! Converting and burning audio, data, and image files. I haven't made a coaster yet.

I've got a QueFire 16x10x40x and it works great under 10.1 with iTunes, Toast 5 PR2, and burning on eject... although it never did "eject" the CD when it got done burning... but it worked.

Admin

How do you get it burn under iTunes? I am able to create a playlist and click Burn. It then starts to "Prepare tracks for burning." After 3-4 tracks I get an error "Burning Failed Due to Unknown Error." Do you have to prepare the disc as an iTunes Audio Disc under the finder first?

Can everyone see there Que Drive in the System profile?

If so, it might be I have a firewire connection problem. Although it works fine on OS 9.2.1

yup, my Que! shows up in the system profiler... maybe you've got a bad cable or something.... although, if it shows up in 9.2.1, that's kinda weird... do you have it plugged into the native firewire, or a firewire card?

Works for me.

Originally posted by m1mx
Can everyone see there Que Drive in the System profile?

If so, it might be I have a firewire connection problem. Although it works fine on OS 9.2.1

Back