Question about MacWorld Magazine Digital Subscription?

Sogni

*gone*
I just recieved an offer to get MacWorld Magazine for free for a year. And got totally confused when I saw a "digital subscription" option.

Anyone have a Digital Subscription?

How big are the files?
Do you like it better than the print version?
What format are they in?

And kind of unrelated to my original subject, but still MacWorld...
Since they no longer include CDs with the subscription version of the mag, but it comes with a CD if you buy it from the newsstand, is there a way to get content from the CD (like via their website)?

I get the digital edition - I've only gotten 1 issue so far, but it looks great. When I get home to my Mac (sniff) I'll try to scope out the file size.

No idea about the CD content. I'll check on that.

i have a digital subscription to umm.... Pc World and the files are about 18mb in size, they do still include and what not. The software used to read it at least for the PC is much like Adobe acrobat..you can zoom in and print and skip pages and such...but it is a rather large 18mb file that is downloaded for each magazine. I do like the magazine, but I'd rather have the print version(i got it for free though) since I can bring the print version to the bathroom ;). The files at least for the PC are proprietary Zinio files of some sort, blah.

The November 3rd edition is 12.6MB. For me, this is pure gold; I can theoretically keep several years worth of issues on once CD-ROM. No need to find a place to keep the hardcopies!!!

It has the entire issue, including ads and pictures, and is searchable.

Back