Question regarding latest bootcamp drivers

Crimguy

Registered
I have Tiger running with the last beta version of bootcamp on an Aluminum iMac. I have slightly static sound when booted into XP. I understand that's a common problem, and wanted to know if it has been resolved with Leopard?

Also, are the Windows graphics drivers any better with Leopard?

I have no idea, to be honest, but a question like "are the graphics drivers any better" warrants a couple of counter-questions:

1.) Were the drivers bad before, and if yes, in what way? Describe your problems with the drivers you're currently using in version 1.4.

2.) What exactly are your expectations, what would _be_ "better"?

3.) Does your question only concern Windows XP or is Vista also considered? (Maybe Apple updated drivers for Vista but not XP, I dunno really...)

1) Valid question. Answer is they were so-so. There have been a few wrinkles ironed out with the latest catalyst drivers (and a few more added), but my primary problem is with a couple specific apps that the radeon drivers do not agree with. Generally speaking, I noted dodgy performance compared to a similar Radeon card in a desktop machine I have.

2) See #1 - there are a few apps (all games) that do not play well with the existing drivers. The biggest gripe I have is with the sound drivers - they create a hissing noise whenever a sound is played under XP.

3) XP only. I do not have, or plan to get Vista till it's literally shoved down my throat. XP is only a necessity for work. I don't need vista.

Back