questions about Panther preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

dau

Registered
Hi mac users

i have the facility to download the Panther release.

Is there product support for panther? i mean patches with "Software Update"

in december a new version of Panther will be released, can I update without problems?

is Panther stable enouth for working in a productive environment? Office v.X and Safari?

with kind regards

dau

Please look through this forum for answers to all of your questions before starting a new thread. ;-)

But to answer shortly:

1) 'Patches' are not necessary in the beta cycle. You'll just get new builds through the ADC seed programme. From time to time, though, you'll find some in Software Update, as Apple also makes sure that the SU facility works well.

2) I think you mean the final version. No, you won't be able to upgrade from a beta to the final version. The final candidate builds will be the first builds that require a clean install if coming from a Panther beta. However, upgrading from a 10.2 build will work just fine. You can also backup your user's home folder, clean install and then copy it over the newly installed home folder.

3) I'm working in a productive environment using Panther 7B39 right now. But I also have a working 10.2.x build to fall back to (and backups of everything) if something shoudl go wrong. And you're never sure with beta builds. I'm not using Office v. X much, though. Safari works fine in 7B39 (was very crash-prone in 7B28, as was the Finder).

I'm closing the thread now, as you'll find the single questions in other threads on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back