quick jaguar Q

Is Jaguar build 6C48 "useable" in day-to-day applications?

• yes! Its useable for day to day tasks.

• no! It crashes a heck of a lot even doing simple things!

• Stop asking about jaguar, really.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would have picked "Maybe' if that had been an option. 6C48 is very stable and handles Finder and system tasks beautifully. But lots of 3rd-party software gets broken by it. I stopped trying to use it as my default OS after discovering that several of my favorite apps and utilities wouldn't function.
So I'm hoping that all those developers will have updates available by September 21.
:cool:

lol. so much for that poll.

genghis, thanks for the response mate, i wonder what apps you had trouble with just out of curiosity? and is there a better place to discuss/read about jaguar forum-wise?

thanks.

CopyPaste X was non-functional, and Thoth could not render text. Those were the big factors for me, but there were about half a dozen other small progs that didn't work.

I haven't been able to get it to see my internal SCSI drives, even though the drivers seem to be there. Adaptec 29160N... DP800/1.5GB RAM.

My Agfa SnapScan 1212u almost works with it... the scan completes, but then Jag re-launches during the export process. My Epson 880i is seen and correctly identified, but with the notation "unsupported printer"... and it means it. No print.

Everything that does work is noticeably faster... and I am very glad to see the return of spring-loaded folders.

At 6C48, it was a bit like adopting OS 10: You still had to boot into the earlier version for some tasks. And you'll find that while you'll LOVE the new features, you get more work done in a stable system like 10.1.5. Stay there until at least 6C80.

Back