Quick math benchmark for you to run

it took 44 secs on my 1.466Ghz Athlon, could probably shave a few more secs off by shutting down all apps off a fresh reboot.

I know of someone who has an athlon @1.8Ghz, ill try and get him to run it too, should be very quick me thinks, his is using a much higher FSB and DDR RAM so will be interesting.

Laterz

1.8Ghz + DDR + (400MHZ FSB(200DDR Overclocked)) athlon does it in 29 secs flat, not bad eh

rharder how come you lot ask for an athlon to do the test and when i get em done no one says a word are you all afraid of the athlon power or something :) soz hit a nerve their:D

Sorry, I've been gone for a week, and this thread's been dead for a while.

Good performance though! I didn't think my 1.0Ghz Athlon gave a correspondingly slower performance though. Hmm.

-Rob

rharder, have you tried using "register" keywords. I played around with it, but I don't think that I was doing it right because it did not seem to increase the speed any.

One funny thing is that I went and changed all of the doubles to floats just to see how the performance changed. It was actually slower!!!

Side note: Apple is rumored to be engineering the G5 with the roadmap saying it will be up to 2+ ghz.

Yeah, I keep hearing about a 64bit G5 processor at ridiculous speeds. I guess it's inevitable, but I hope it's sooner rather than later.

-Rob

Back