Quick photo review, edit and storage transfer

lawyervon

Registered
For several years, when using my digital camera, I've had a quick process on Windows XP to see what I shot, rotate it if necessary, delete if necessary, and then transfer to my network storage drive.

1) Insert digital card and access photo folder
2) Set photo folder in Thumbnail view, review, delete if necessary, rotate if necessary
3) Open network storage folder
4) Select all, drag all photos into a newly created folder onto the network storage

For the life of me, I can't figure out a way to do it this simple on my Mac.

In Tiger, there seems no way to get a good preview of photos in the Finder, and even if you could, there is no way to rotate in the Finder view like you can in XP. My Mac keeps wanting to import to iPhoto, but I don't find iPhoto anywhere as quick as the Windows XP process I laid out above.

Is there a Finder add-on or something I can use to emulate the simplicity of my XP process? I had PicturePopPro2, but it doesn't do what I want either.

For the life of me, I can't figure out a way to do it this simple on my Mac.

In Tiger, there seems no way to get a good preview of photos in the Finder,
Some of this functionality will be added to Leopard so that some of your wishes will be granted on Friday.
... My Mac keeps wanting to import to iPhoto, but I don't find iPhoto anywhere as quick as the Windows XP process I laid out above.

That your Mac wants to import to iPhoto is a simple setting in the Finder. Some of your issues reflect the different design philosophies of Apple and Microsoft. It will be interesting to see if and how this changes in Leopard.

You can do command-a to select all, then command-o to open in Preview. All the photos will then open in Preview. You can then rotate, etc using keyboard commands - command-L(eft) or R(ight), up and down arrows to navigate. Once you are done, you can rename and move the folder to NAS. That's the fastest process I know of using apple's software.

You can change the import preferences in the app "image capture"

Back