Quick Reply Email Notification box needed

twister

Howdy
We really need an Email Notification checkbox with the quick reply boxes at the bottom of the threads. Or change the default value of Email Notification to yes!

it is, but if you look at this quick reply box there is no checkbox to 'subscribe'. I meant to change the default of hidden email field to yes, if they didn't want to add a checkbox.

Nope.

this : <input type="hidden" name="email" value="">

needs to be this : <input type="hidden" name="email" value="yes">

OR

this : see attachment

Please. :D

Attachments

• emailnotify.gif
    emailnotify.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 7
So this does not work as you'd like? :confused:

(i tried, it does work as sybscribe to the thread) ..

Attachments

• quickreply.jpg
    quickreply.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 6
Unless something has changed it doesn't work like i want.

I reply in the box at the bottom of the page and it works great but i never get emails because I'm not actually subscribed via email. So, the long way around, is i reply in the box at the bottom and then when it reloads i hit the 'subscribe to this thread' link thus re-loading the page a second time to subscribe me. I just want to type in the box at the bottom of the page and be automatically subscribed.

No no no. It's the box at the bottom of the forums. NOT when you hit the reply button. In the preferances you set it up to automatically have the reply box checked on the reply page. But i'm not talking about that page. I'm talking about this little quick reply box at the end of the forums.

Ok here is my proof ;)

On the regular form page you have this in the source

<input type="hidden" name="email" value="">

value of "" means that nothing will happen.

Now if you hit the reply button and type in your response on that page, one of the options is to have email notifications. And this is the source

<input type="checkbox" name="email" value="yes" checked>

With a value of "YES" it tells the system to subscribe me to that form topic.

Thats why we should have a checkbox. Check for subscribe un-check for no subscribe. It wouldn't take up much room at all. And it would be an easy addition.

Back