Quick Software Restore question

Lycander

Registered
I hope I can get this answered in the next few minutes because I'm about to do a complete reinstall of my brand new iBook. Out-of-the-box it's already using up 10 GBs of this 40 GB hard drive.

I saw XCode, I played with Garage Band, those are very important apps for me right now, the rest can go, I also want to omit the OS 9 Classic install.

I tried copying the Garage Band application folder onto my firewire hard drive just incase it's not on the restore CD, but for whatever reason it had trouble copying that particular app folder.

So my question is: I'd like to know if the Software Restore discs that come with brand new systems (in this case an iBook G4 14") have iLife '04 (or at least Garage Band) and XCode? I looked through both discs and they were vague about what software they actually restore. I search the web and can't find my answer yet so I ask you guys.

Plus my iBook came with a few games, most notable is Tony Hawk pro skater or something like that. Will that also be restored?

I'm just concerned because the last time I bought an iBook (G3 12") it didn't come with the developers tools disc. I had bought Jaguar seperately to upgrade my iMac and that had the dev CD so no problem there.

Thanks for helping!

You should have recieved a number of CDs with your new Mac. One set, titled "Software Restore" restores the Mac to EXACTLY what it shipped with, including OSX, Classic, iLife, GarageBand, and so on. You'll also have separate install disks for the OS (which should include iLife) and also a separate install set for the developers tools (aka X-Code)

Well I took a chance, and everything fine and dandy now. 2 DVDs were bundled with my new iBook which contains all the software I needed to restore after the OSX reinstall. I was just worried that either it'll install all the junk I don't need, or the programs I actually wanted wouldn't be there. But it's all good, even allowed me to skip installing stuff I don't want.

Back