Quick Time Exporting

nmm88

Registered
I do not have Quicktime Pro, but I am trying to encode a movie into the Quicktime Movie Format (.mov) with the H.264 codec, on 10.4.1. I have tried this from iMovie and directly from quicktime. It starts doing it but then hangs each time, and the file it creates never has any data. I then looked on the Apple/Quicktime website and I saw that QTP allowed you to encode in H.264. Is that implying that you cant do it with just the player, or iMovie. I assume it does, but then, why make the option avalaible and lead you on? Will I need Quick Time Pro? Thanks.

nmm88 said:
I do not have Quicktime Pro, but I am trying to encode a movie into the Quicktime Movie Format (.mov) with the H.264 codec, on 10.4.1. I have tried this from iMovie and directly from quicktime. It starts doing it but then hangs each time, and the file it creates never has any data. I then looked on the Apple/Quicktime website and I saw that QTP allowed you to encode in H.264. Is that implying that you cant do it with just the player, or iMovie. I assume it does, but then, why make the option avalaible and lead you on? Will I need Quick Time Pro? Thanks.
The non-Pro version of the Player has never ever edited video. You can, however, edit video in iMovie. iMovie is included free of charge with every Macintosh. What are you complaining about? You seem to have some maintenance issues. Clear those up and get on with life.

No, that was not my question. I have edited a movie in iMovie, and i would now like to export it into an MPEG-4 using H.264. Do I need quick time pro to do that?

Back