Quicken 2005 question

bookmanjb

Registered
I accidentally deleted my Quicken 2005 file from my MacBook running 10.5.5. Luckily, i back it up to the web every day. So I downloaded it and opened it. For some weird reason it had lost the last 5 months of data. I went back to the web and noticed that the data file inside the quicken folder had been turned into a Stuffit archive (I hadn't done it; I don't even know how to). I downloaded that. It unstuffed automatically. I put it in the same folder as the Quicken file I'd just downloaded and lo and behold, it restored the file to the current date. Good. But now I have two files: the Quicken file (which has the .qdfm suffix and which is actually a folder I don't know how to get into on my Mac but which is easily opened in my web storage directory) and the file called Data File, which now sits next to the .qdfm file in a folder. I would like to know how to integrate that Data File back into the .qdfm file. The other thing is that I also back up with Time Machine and I restored the file from Oct. 4 but when I opened it up, it only had data up until Sept. 29 (I enter data every day); what the heck is that about?

Back