Quicksilver G4 Memory

Jayem

The All Seeing
I want to purchase a 512 RAM chip from crucial.com

[ http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...wer+Mac&model=Power+Mac+G4+(867MHz)&x=18&y=22 ]

Im looking for someone who has previously purchased from crucial with a Quicksilver. I say this because i purchased RAM at my local computer department store DDR PC133, and it wasnt recognized by my machine. I want to know if its gonna work before i waste my money. We all know returning online purchases isnt exactly a walk in the park, & for me its not an option.

Crucial is awesome. Have no fear. I buy all my memory from them, including the extra 256 megs for my Quicksilver. If you didn't know, Crucial is Micron.

Jayem,

In October I bought a 512 DIMM from crucial for my Quicksilver 733. With their free 2nd day FedEx shipping, it came in less than a day. I installed it, and have had no problems at all. I would definitely order from crucial again.

Memory prices have risen considerably since then. In October, I paid $54 for a 512 DIMM - now the same DIMM is $120. Damn, I wish I'd ordered 3 when they were so cheap.

-tony

Seriously. I cannot believe how much prices have gone up. When I was getting more memory for my 867, I figured I would get the 256 right then, and just get another or a 512 if I needed it later on. I didn't imagine prices would double! Luckly I haven't seen any problems with 384 megs, so it's fine for now.

I bought a 128 DDR RAM for my own assembled PC. It took two days to receive it after I had ordered. I would recommend crucial for RAM. :)

I bought a 128 DDR RAM for my own assembled PC. It took two days to receive it after I had ordered. I would recommend crucial for RAM. :)

i have a imac 600d3 and its pc100 as far as i know. when i go to crucial and look up my model and the ram sizes are pc100 then when you get to 512mb its pc133. whats up with that, will it work still> will it slow anything down?

It is true that PC133 memory is comapatible with PC100 memory socket. But the PC100 memory is not compatible with PC133 memory socket. So you(liloconf) can buy and use PC133 memory without any problem.:rolleyes:

Back